We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our practice follows infection control policies set by our governing bodies. We follow and abide by the protocols set so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see many changes when it is time for your appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. Please ensure you read the instructions below before you attend your appointment with us.
- On arrival, we will ask if you have any symptoms of COVID 19 – (temperature above 37.8°c or a new persistent cough, change/loss of your taste or smell). Have you been in contact with any one with COVID 19 symptoms in the last 14 days? Ensure this does not apply to you before you attend your appointment.
- We will also be required to check your temperature on arrival and provide you with antibacterial hand gel to use before entering the practice.
- If you have developed symptoms in the last 24 hours, please let us know immediately.
- We ask that payment for your appointment is made using a contactless debit/credit card where possible.
- It may be necessary to sign a consent form for your treatment during your practice visit.
- Please ensure you do not bring any belongings with you.
- Please ensure you go to the lavatory before you attend the practice as the rest rooms will not be available to patients.
- Please ensure you are punctual due to new procedures required. If you are late this may result in termination of your appointment and rebooking will be necessary.
Your Journey Through The Practice
- Please wear a face covering whilst in the practice.
- On entry to the practice please wait at the waiting sign to be called to the reception desk.
- Please ensure that you maintain a least a 2 metre distance from other patients.
- You will be offered hand sanitiser and asked to rub this in covering the whole hand, paying close attention to your thumb and fingertips.
- They will then proceed to check your temperature, should this exceed 37.8°c you will be asked to leave the practice and we will contact you to arrange another appointment.
- If you are attending with your child, or to assist someone, you will be asked to take a seat in the waiting room. You are however welcome to go into the surgery to discuss the treatment.
- If you have had to bring any belongings with you, you will be asked to place them in the box provided. The box will be kept at a secure location, but it is important to come with minimal or no belongings if possible.
- You will notice that the clinician and nurse are wearing long protective overalls/ aprons, visors, and masks. Please do not be alarmed as these extra precautions regarding protective equipment and clothing are for your and staff safety. All protective equipment worn, follow infection control policies set by governing bodies.
- Once your procedure has finished the nurse will show you out. Your belongings can be collected and then you will be guided to the reception area to arrange any follow-up appointments.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours, and friends.
The Dental Team